Signs Matter: Early Detection will show educators how and when to express concern and refer students to counseling staff or administration.
We don’t expect them to be mental health experts—but it is important that they understand and recognize the signs that a student is at risk for suicide.
Signs Matter was developed based on a combination of science and best practice. The program presents scientifically based information on a variety of topics related to youth suicide, alongside best practice recommendations drawn from experts in the mental health and education fields. Science sheds light on key questions of risk and protective factors for youth suicide, as well as the most common behavioral presentations expressed by at risk youth. Recommendations for school personnel roles, support, referrals, and interventions are drawn from best practices of educational and mental health experts.
Signs Matter: Early Detection fulfills many states’ requirements for educators to have two hours of instruction on suicide prevention and bullying.
- A close look at the most common mental health problems and how they typically present in a school setting
- Real-world scenarios in an elementary, middle and high school setting to help you better identify students in need of help
- An online evidence-based assessment tool to ensure that all participants have gained an understanding of the material covered
- Resources for understanding a school’s role in suicide prevention
- Review of legal requirements for schools to keep in mind
Bulk Pricing Available for Groups:
Signs Matter is available at a discount for bulk purchases. Rates per license are listed below.
To make a bulk purchase, select “group” and enter the number of licenses you would like to purchase. Group pricing is reflected in the cart.
Note: You need to purchase a license for each person who would want access to this program and certification that it has been completed.
|Number of Licenses||Cost per License|